Skip to search
Skip to content
Special papers / the Geologica...
Books & more
ISBN / ISSN
Barcode / Call number
Special papers / the Geological Society of America
Authors and Corporations:
Geological Society of America
Type of Resource:
Boulder, Colo.: GSA, 1934-
New York, NY, teils
Special papers / the Geological Society of America
24. Contributions to a knowledge of the lead and zinc deposits of the Mississippi Valley region (193...
33. Numerical structure factor tables (1953)
62. Crust of the earth (a symposium) (1955)
63. De natura fossilium = (Textbook of mineralogy) (1955)
65. The floors of the oceans 1 The North Atlantic (1959)
70. Mechanics of thermal contraction cracks and ice-wedge polygons in permafrost (1962)
71. Displacement along the San Andreas fault, California (1962)
84. International studies on the Quaternary papers prepared on the occasion of the 7. Congress of t...
89. Uniformity and simplicity a symposium on the principle of the uniformity of nature (1967)
180. Ash-flow tuffs (1979)
191. Geologic field trips in Northern California centennial meeting of the Cordilleran Section of th...
196. Conodont biofacies and provincialism ()
199. Characterization and interpretation of rock mass joint patterns (1985)
200. Tectonic evolution of a forearc terrane, southern Scotia Ridge, Antarctica (1984)
207. The motion of allochthonous terranes across the North Pacific Basin (1987)
208. Extensional tectonics of the southwestern United States a perspective on processes and kinemati...
212. The emplacement of silicic domes and lava flows (1987)
215. Mantle metasomatism and alkaline magmatism (1987)
216. Paleosols and weathering through geologic time principles and applications (1988)
218. Processes in continental lithospheric deformation [papers from a symposium held at Yale Univers...
219. The geology of Iztaccíhuatl Volcano and adjacent areas of the Sierra Nevada and Valley of Mexi...
220. Laccoliths: mechanics of emplacement and growth (1988)
226. Evolution of the conjugate East African-Madagascan margins and the western Somali Basin (1988)
227. Dating quaternary sediments (1988)
230. Terranes in the Circum-Atlantic Paleozoic orogens (1989)
232. Tectonics of the western Himalayas (1989)
233. Synextensional magmatism in the Basin and Range Province a case study from the eastern Great Ba...
241. Plutonism from Antarctica to Alaska [papers presented at the International Symposium on "Circum...
244. Volcanism and fossil biotas (1990)
245. Geology of the composite Avalon Terrane of southern New England [papers from symposium convened...
246. Ore-bearing granite systems petrogenesis and mineralizing processes (1990)
248. Recent advances in coal geochemistry [papers presented at a symposium ... held Apr. 24 - 25, 19...
249. The Cretaceous/Tertiary boundary interval, Raton basin, Colorado and New Mexico, and its conten...
252. Groundwater geomorphology the role of subsurface water in earth-surface processes and landforms...
260. Stratigraphy, depositional environments, and sedimentary tectonics of the western margin, Creta...
262. Geologic and tectonic development of the North-America-Caribbean plate boundary in Hispaniola (...
267. Controls on the distribution and quality of Cretaceous coals (1992)
268. Eastern North American mesozoic magmatism (1992)
273. Thermal evolution of the Tertiary Shimanto Belt, southwest Japan an example of ridge-trench int...
276. Elk Lake, Minnesota evidence for rapid climate change in the North-Central United States (1993)
277. Southern Lesser Antilles arc platform pre-Late Miocene stratigraphy, structure, and tectonic ev...
279. The prebatholithic stratigraphy of peninsular California (1993)
281. Geological and geophysical evidence for deep subduction of continental crust beneath the Pamir ...
284. Processes controlling the composition of clastic sediments [based on papers presented at the 19...
285. Tonsteins: altered volcanic ash layers in coal bearing sequences (1993)
287. Perspectives on the Eastern margin of the Cretaceous western interior basin (1994)
288. Pangea paleoclimate, tectonics, and sedimentation during accretion, zenith, and breakup of a su...
289. Paleoclimate and basin evolution of playa systems (1994)
293. Large meteorite impacts and planetary evolution (1994)
294. Elements of Pennsylvanian stratigraphy, Central Appalachian Basin (1994)
295. Geologic and tectonic development of the Caribbean plate boundary in southern Central America (...
296. Low-grade metamorphism of mafic rocks (1995)
299. Jurassic magnetism and tectonics of the North American Cordillera (1995)
302. The Manson impact structure, Iowa anatomy of an impact crater (1996)
304. Avalonian and related peri-Gondwanan terranes of the circum-North Atlantic (1996)
307. The cretaceous tertiary event and other catastrophes in earth history (1996)
315. The Third Hutton Symposium on the Origin of Granites and Related Rocks proceedings of a symposi...
316. Permian stratigraphy and Fusulinida of Afghanistan with their paleogeographic and paleotectonic...
318. Pliocene carbonates and related facies flanking the Gulf of California, Baja California, Mexico...
319. Eva interglaciation forest bed, unglaciated east-central Alaska global warming 125,000 years ag...
321. Paleozoic sequence stratigraphy, biostratigraphy, and biogeography studies in honor of J. Granv...
322. Tectonics and geochemistry of the northeastern Caribbean (1998)
323. Accommodation zones and transfer zones the regional segmentation of the Basin and Range provinc...
324. Architecture of the central Brooks Range fold and thrust belt, Arctic Alaska (1998)
325. Depostional environments, lithostratigraphy, and biostratigraphy of the White River and Arikare...
326. Active strike-slip and collisional tectonics of the Northern Caribbean plate boundary zone (199...
327. Late Cenozoic Xianshuihe-Xiaojiang, Red River, and Dali fault systems of southwestern Sichuan a...
328. Himalaya and Tibet mountain roots to mountain tops (1999)
329. Geologic evolution of the Barberton Greenstone Belt, South Africa (1999)
330. The mid-Atlantic Piedmont tectonic missing link of the Appalachians (1999)
331. Norumbega fault system of the northern Appalachians (1999)
332. Evolution of the Cretaceous ocean-climate system (1999)
333. Cenozoic basins of the Death Valley region [outgrowth of a symposium held as part of the 1994 m...
334. Cenozoic tectonics and volcanism of Mexico (2000)
335. Tectonosomes and olistostromes in the argille scagliose of the northern Apennines, Italy (1999)
336. Laurentia-Gondwana connections before Pangea (1999)
337. Glacial processes, past and present (1999)
338. Classic Cordilleran concepts a view from California (1999)
339. Large meteorite impacts and planetary evolution II [Second Conference on Large Meteorite Impact...
340. Mesozoic sedimentary and tectonic history of north-central Mexico (1999)
341. Argentine Precordillera Sedimentary and plate tectonic history of a laurentian crustal fragment...
342. Structural geology of the Colorado plateau region of southern Utah, with special emphasis on de...
343. Tectonics of the Coast Mountains, southeastern Alaska and British Columbia (2000)
344. Eocene and Oligocene paleosols of central Oregon (2000)
345. Volcanic hazards and disasters in human antiquity (2000)
346. Ancient Lake Creede its volcano-tectonic setting, history of sedimentation, and relation to min...
347. Paleozoic and triassic paleogeography and tectonics of Western Nevada and Northern California (...
348. Theory, modeling, and field investigation in hydrogeology a special volume in honor of Shlomo P...
349. Ophiolites and oceanic crust new insights from field studies and the ocean drilling program (20...
350. Fourth Hutton Symposium the origin of granites and related rocks Proceedings of a symposium hel...
351. Deglacial history and relative sea-level changes, northern New England and adjacent Canada [bas...
352. Mantle plumes their identification through time (2001)
353. Geology, hydrogeology, and environmental remediation Idaho National Engineering and Environment...
354. Petrologic and structural history of Tobago, West Indies a fragment of the accreted, Mesozoic o...
355. Is the present the key to the past or is the past the key to the present? James Hutton and Adam...
356. Catastrophic events and mass extinctions impacts and beyond (2002)
357. Nearshore marine paleoclimatic regions, increasing zoogeographic provinciality, molluscan extin...
358. Geology and geophysics of an arc-continent collision, Taiwan (2002)
359. Ancient seismites (2002)
360. Tectonic evolution of the Bering Shelf-Chukchi Sea-Arctic Margin and adjacent landmasses (2002)
361. The Hell Creek Formation and the Cretaceous-Tertiary boundary in the northern Great Plains an i...
362. Volcanic rifted margins (2002)
364. Variscan-Appalachian dynamics the building of the late Paleozoic basement (2002)
365. Contributions to crustal evolution of the southwestern United States (2002)
366. Late Cenozoic evaporite tectonism and volcanism in west-central Colorado (2002)
367. Evolution of Ridge Basin, southern California an interplay of sedimentation and tectonics (2003...
368. Paleoenvironments and paleohydrology of the Mojave and southern Great Basin deserts (2003)
369. Causes and consequences of globally warm climates in the early Paleogene (2003)
370. Extreme depositional environments mega end members in geologic time (2003)
371. Geology of a transpressional orogen developed during ridge-trench interaction along the North P...
372. Evolution and dynamics of the Australian Plate (2003)
373. Ophiolite concept and the evolution of geological thought (2003)
374. Tectonic evolution of northwestern México and the southwestern USA (2003)
375. Natural hazards in El Salvador (2004)
376. Posture, locomotion, and paleoecology of pterosaurs (2004)
377. Precambrian geology of the Tobacco Root Mountains, Montana (2004)
378. Detrital thermochronology - Provance analysis, exhumation, and landscape evolution of mountain ...
379. Sulfur biogeochemistry past and present (c2004)
380. Gneiss domes in orogeny (2004)
381. Hydraulic tests of Miocene volcanic rocks at Yucca Mountain and Pahute Mesa and implications fo...
382. Cenozoic climatic and environmental changes in Russia (2005)
383. Orogenic curvature integrating paleomagnetic and structural analyses (2004)
384. Large meteorite impacts III [proceedings of the resulting conference, held Aug. 5 - 7, 2003, in...
385. Active tectonics and seismic hazards of Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands, and offshore areas (20...
386. Reconstruction of Pleistocene ice-dammed lake outburst floods in the Altai Mountains, Siberia (...
387. Coal systems analysis (2005)
388. Plates, plumes, and paradigms (2005)
389. Fifth Hutton Symposium the origin of granites and related rocks (2005)
390. Stone decay in the architectural environment (2005)
392. A typology of sculpted forms in open bedrock channels (2005)
393. The Mojave-Sonora megashear hypothesis development, assessment, and alternatives (2005)
394. Caribbean-South American plate interactions, Venezuela (2005)
395. Isotopic and elemental tracers of Cenozoic climate change (2005)
396. Kinematics and dynamics of lava flows (2005)
397. Geoinformatics: Data to knowledge (2006)
398. Tectonics, climate, and landscape evolution (2006)
399. Wetlands through time (2006)
400. Collisional delamination in New Guinea: the geotectonics of subducting slab breakoff (2005)
401. New frontiers in dead sea Paleoenvironmental research (2006)
402. Neogene-quaternary continental margin volcanism: a perspective from México (2006)
403. Ultrahigh-pressure metamorphism deep continental subduction (2006)
405. Processes on the early earth (2006)
406. Temper sands in prehistoric Oceanian pottery geotectonics, sedimentology, petrography, provenan...
407. Evolution of an Andean margin a tectonic and magmatic view from the Andes to the Neuquén Basin...
408. Tuffs their properties, uses, hydrology, and resources (2006)
409. Postcollisional tectonics and magmatism in the Mediterranean region and Asia (2006)
410. Geological studies in the Klamath Mountains province, California and Oregon a volume in honor o...
411. The origins of geology in Italy (2006)
412. Volcanic hazards in Central America (2006)
413. Earth and mind  How geologists think and learn about the earth / ed. by Catryn A. Manduca .....
414. Styles of continental contraction (2006)
415. In situ-produced cosmogenic nuclides and quantification of geological processes (2006)
416. Paleoenvironmental record and applications of calcretes and palustrine carbonates (2006)
417. Triassic evolution of the Yangtze platform in Guizhou Province, People's Republic of China (200...
418. Cenozoic volcanism in the Mediterranean Area (2007)
419. Convergent margin terranes and associated regions a tribute to W. G. Ernst (2007)
420. Sedimentary provenance and petrogenesis perspectives from petrography and geochemistry (2007)
421. Advances in high-pressure mineralogy (2007)
422. Geology of México celebrating the centenary of the Geological Society of México (2007)
423. The evolution of the Rheic Ocean from Avalonian-Cadomian active margin to Alleghenian-Variscan ...
424. Large ecosystem perturbations causes and consequences (2007)
425. Continental intraplate earthquakes science, hazard, and policy issues (2007)
426. Coastline changes interrelation of climate and geological processes (2007)
427. The geology and paleontology of the late cretaceous marine deposits of the dakotas (2007)
428. Geologic and tectonic development of the Caribbean plate boundary in Northern Central America (...
429. The Pennsylvanian-early Permian Bird Spring Carbonate Shelf, Southeastern California fusulinid ...
430. Plates, plumes, and planetary processes (2007)
431. Tectonic growth of a collisional continental margin: crustal evolution of southern Alaska (2007...
432. Stratigraphic analyses using GPR (2007)
433. Whence the mountains? inquiries into the evolution of orogenic systems ; a volume in honor of R...
434. Exhumation associated with continental strike-slip fault systems (2007)
435. Paleontology of the Upper Eocene florissant formation, Colorado (2008)
436. Formation and applications of the sedimentary record in arc collision zones (2008)
437. The sedimentary record of meteorite impacts (2008)
438. Ophiolites, arcs, and batholiths (2008)
439. Late Cenozoic drainage history of the Southwestern Great Basin and Lower Colorado River region ...
440. When did plate tectonics begin on planet Earth? (2008)
441. Resolving the late Paleozoic ice age in time and space (2008)
442. The terrane puzzle new perspectives on paleontology and stratigraphy from the North American Co...
443. Response of upper Gulf Coast estuaries to Holocene climate change and sea-level rise (2008)
444. Investigations into the tectonics of the Tibetan plateau (2008)
445. Deformation and exhumation at convergent margins the Franciscan subduction complex (2008)
446. The geology of early humans in the Horn of Africa (2008)
447. Late cenozoic structure and evolution of the Great Basin-Sierra Nevada Transition ed. by John S...
448. The Permian extinction and the Tethys an exercise in global geology (2009)
449. The world in a crucible laboratory practice and geological theory at the beginning of geology (...
450. Paleoenvironments of Bear Lake, Utah and Idaho, and its catchment (2009)
451. Management and restoration of fluvial systems with broad historical changes and human impacts (...
452. The late Eocene Earth hothouse, icehouse, and impacts ; [largely, but not exclusively, derived ...
453. Preservation of random megascale events on Mars and Earth influence on geologic history (2009)
454. Earth science in the urban ocean the southern California continental borderland (2009)
455. Adventures through deep time the central Mississippi River Valley and its earthquakes (c2009)
456. Crustal cross sections from the western North American cordillera and elsewhere implications fo...
457. Did westward subduction cause Cretaceous-Tertiary orogeny in the North American cordillera? (20...
458. The ICDP-USGS Deep Drilling Project in the Chesapeake Bay impact structure results from the Eyr...
459. Hydrothermal processes above the Yellowstone magma chamber large hydrothermal systems and large...
460. America's most vulnerable coastal communities (2009)
461. Field geology education historical perspectives and modern approaches (2009)
462. Bering glacier interdisciplinary studies of earth's largest temperate surging glacier (2010)
463. Miocene tectonics of the Lake Mead region, central basin and range (2010)
464. Stratigraphy and geology of volcanic areas (2010)
465. Large meteorite impacts and planetary evolution IV (2010)
466. The Ordovician earth system (2010)
467. Mining and metallurgy in Ancient Perú (2010)
468. Late paleozoic glacial events and postglacial transgressions in Gondwana (2010)
469. Geology and tectonic evolution of the Central-southern Apennines, Italy (2010)
470. What is a volcano? (2010)
472. Sixth Hutton Symposium on the Origin of Granites and Related Rocks proceedings of a symposium h...
473. Geology and geoarchaeology of the Black Sea Region beyond the flood hypothesis (2011)
474. Qualitative inquiry in geoscience education research (2011)
475. High geologic slip rates since early Pleistocene initiation of the Jan Jacinto and San Felipe f...
476. Geoarchaeology, climate change, and sustainability (2011)
477. Recent advances and current research issues in lunar stratigraphy (c2011)
478. Volcanism and evolution of the African lithosphere (2011)
479. Geological criteria for evaluating seismicity revisited forty years of paleoseismic investigati...
480. Mélanges Processes of Formation and Societal Significance (2011)
481. A new geological map of the Island of Syros (Aegean Sea, Greece) Implications for lithostratigr...
482. Societal challenges and geoinformatics (2011)
483. Analogs for Planetary Exploration (2011)
484. The 2 ka eruption of Misti Volcano, southern Peru the most recent Plinian eruption of Arequipa'...
485. On the Strata of the Earth A Translation of O Slojach' Zemnych' = O Slojach' Zemnych' (2012)
486. Earth and mind 2 A synthesis of research on thinking and learning in the geosciences / ed. by K...
487. Mineralogical and geochemical approaches to provenance (2012)
488. Impossible Journey The Story of the Victoria Land Traverse 1959-1960, Antarctica (2012)
489. Grand Canyon geology two billion years of Earth's history (2012)
490. Mima Mounds The Case for Polygenesis and Bioturbation (2012)
491. Geology and geomorphology of Barbados a companion text to maps with accompanying cross sections...
492. Google Earth and virtual visualizations in geoscience education and research (2012)
493. Recent advances in North American paleoseismology and neotectonics east of the Rockies (2012)
494. New Perspectives on Rio Grande Rift Basins from Tectonics to Groundwater (2013)
495. Mesozoic assembly of the North American Cordillera (2013)
496. The volcanic geology of the Md-Arc Island of Dominica, Lesser Antilles The Surface Expression o...
497. The Columbia River Flood Basalt Province (2013)
498. Understanding Open-Vent Volcanism and Related Hazards (2013)
499. Neogene Deformation between Central Utah and the Mojave Desert (2013)
500. The web of geological sciences advances, impacts, and interactions (2013)
501. The impact of the geological sciences on society (2013)
502. Rethinking the fabric of geology (2013)
503. Through the end of the Cretaceous in the type locality of the Hell Creek formation in Montana a...
504. Earth's Early Atmosphere and Surface Environment (2014)
505. Volcanism, impacts, and mass extinctions causes ans effects (2014)
506. Reconstruction of a Late Proterozoic to Devonian Continental Margin Sequence, Northern Alaska, ...
507. Toward an Improved Understanding of Uplift Mechanisms and the Elevation History of the Tibetan ...
508. Coastline and dune evolution along the Great Lakes (2014)
509. The 2011 Mineral Virginia, earthquake and its significance for seismic hazards in eastern North...
510. East european craton early Precambrian history and 3D models of deep crustal structure (2015)
511. The origin, evolution, and environmental impact of oceanic large igneous provinces (2015)
513. Late Jurassic margin of Laurasia a record of faulting accommodating plate rotation (2015)
514. The interdisciplinary earth a volume in honor of Don L. Anderson (2015)
515. Paying attention to mudrocks: priceless! (2015)
517. Unusual central Nevada geologic terranes produced by late Devonian Antler orogeny and Alamo imp...
518. Large meteorite impacts and planetary evolution V (2015)
519. Geothermal energy an important resource (2016)
520. Geoscience for the public good and global development toward a sustainable future (2016)
522. Belt basin window to Mesoproterozoic earth (2016)
523. The web of geological sciences advances, impacts, and interactions II (2017)
525. Tectonic evolution, collision, and seismicity of southwest Asia in honor Manuel Berberian's for...
526. The crust-mantle and lithosphere-asthenosphere boundaries insights from xenoliths, orogenic dee...
527. Unconventional the development of natural gas from the Marcellus Shale (2017)
529. The restless Indian plate and its epic voyage from Gondwana to Asia its tectonic, paleoclimatic...
530. Quaternary glaciation of the great lakes region process, landforms, sediments, and chronology (...
531. Paleozoic stratigraphy and resources of the Michigan Basin (2018)
532. The tectonic setting and origin of creataceous Batholiths within the North American Cordillera ...
533. Tectonosedimentary relations of Pennsylvanian to Jurassic strata on the Colorado Plateau (2018)
534. Geology and tectonics of subduction zones a tribute to Gaku Kimura (2018)
535. Museums at the forefront of the history and philosophy of geology history made, history in the ...
537. Chesapeake bay impact structure development of "brim" sedimentation in a multi-layered marine t...
538. Field volcanology a tribute to the distinguished career of Don Swanson (2018)
540. Tectonics, sedimentary basins, and provenance a celebration of the career of William R. Dickins...
541. Circum-Arctic structural events tectonic evolution of the Arctic margins and trans-Arctic links...
Export to Citavi/EndNote
Export to BibTeX
Export to RIS